In this ever-changing world, it’s vital for individuals to keep learning and improving. One way to ensure continuous learning and enhancement is to provide feedforward. Feedforward emphasizes positive, future-oriented behavior.
Feedforward comes with minimal guidelines. However, there are several tips to clearly convey your forward-looking expectations to the recipient:
- Always state the facts from your perspective
- Be specific about the behavior you expect
- Indicate the consequences or effects of showing or not showing this behavior
- Provide feedforward during a suitable, moment (avoid open workspaces or the final moments of a meeting).
- Observe non-verbal signals to determine if the recipient has grasped and embraced the feedback.
- Instead of offering advice, emphasize the positives and areas for improvement.
- Make sure that you give others the opportunity to respond.
Enjoy giving feedforward; in the end, you’ll both benefit from it!
Any questions? Call Jobtraining: 020-4230603 or email us.