We live in a time of constant change, new partnerships and network organizations. Connecting and sharing knowledge has never been so important. That’s great and all, but how do you actually do this, sharing knowledge? We are happy to share our knowledge about this, in 5 steps:
- Determine what knowledge is needed. Is this knowledge already available and what can you or a direct colleague do to share this knowledge?
- Determine what knowledge you can share yourself. It does not have to be theory or profound knowledge here. The thoughts you have on a certain topics can also inspire others.
- Organize a moment to share knowledge. Consider for whom the knowledge is interesting and invite these relations for a meeting about the subject in question. Ask them to also think about their own input on the subject. Such a meeting does not have to cost extra time, you can also share knowledge during a ‘learning lunch’ of half an hour.
- Prepare a short presentation and especially take time to discuss with each other. By talking to each other, more content is given to the knowledge that’s already at hand, and you can apply it directly.
- ‘Pass the baton’. At the end of the meeting, ask which colleague will organize the next knowledge sharing moment. Choose the subject together and set a date. This makes knowledge sharing an ongoing thing.
Good luck and share!